Deployment - updating a DLL

Topics: Core, General, Русский (Russian)
Feb 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Edited Feb 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Please, will you help with such seemingly simple thing?

This way, I have changed a code in a module. In result I have a new dll on development.
Now I need to simply substitute the live one with this new one.
I copy the file into Module folder bin on live.

Well, I reload the site and check if the file has got into Dependencies foler - yes it has.
I see it and the old one with extension ".deleted". Looks great!

But oops the site keeps on working with the old version.
I refresh the web.config, I remove mapping.bin and what not I did - no result - the system continues take the old one from the hell knows where.

The only way I found is to stop the application completely by putting the app_offline.htm in the root.
And only after removing the file the application starts working with the new dll. But it is tooo heavy procedure.

The question is :
Is there a reliable but simpler and less heavy way to change a dll?

Updated:
NO even this remedy with "app_offline.htm" is no reliable. I'm fully frustrated.

Please who knows how to quickly change a module DLL so that it starts working right away?
Developer
Feb 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Weird, I never experienced this. Did you also deploy the source code of our module? If you did, perhaps try and also update the source files and see what gives.
Feb 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Thank you for quick answer!

No code -- that's the thing. The matter is I did want to make the deployment as simple and quick as possible. So that to deploy only Dll and if needed views.
Updated the code -- substituted the dll.

Strange I thought it is an easy issue and I only forget something....

Ok I keep on investigating. So far I cannot understand how it works. Seems the system takes the new dll only after some very deep reloading.

I'll appreciate any idea...