Manage Blogs on Admin Menu for Authors

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Well, my first post to this list never showed up, so I believe some over-zealous moderator has decided I am not worthy. That's too bad.

Here's to hoping this makes it through (and that my other post can also be reconsidered).

I have an Orchard site with multiple blogs. I have tightened up the permissions so only individual blog authors can update their own blogs. Unfortunately, there is no admin menu to get to a blog administration page (but I can type in the URL and get there). One of the PluralSight videos mentioned that this was a bug (but the video is old). So, is this STILL a bug?? If so, any pointers as to where to begin sorting it out?

--
Mark :)
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Mmmh no, nobody deleted anything. That's not what happened.

That's not a bug, you just need to enable the content control wrapper feature.
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM
This was not the post that I thought got "moderated". It was one about widget contents disappearing on even pages. I didn't see my OP on this thread, so maybe I just don't get cc'ed on posts that I make. In that case, that situation was an anomaly that no one has a good answer for.

On this, I will look into the content control wrapper feature. Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

mark :)

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's not a blog, you just need to enable the content control wrapper feature.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Content Control Wrapper WAS enabled.

If I make a user Author and Editor, then the Blog selection is available from the admin menu. It is only when I make them Author that this blog selection goes away. As I stated, the Pluralsight videos indicate that this was a bug, but the vids are kind of old, so it would be disappointing if it were still a bug. If someone would push me in the right direction o how best to address this I would appreciate it. I would even be willing to put in a pull request to fix it, if I am successful.

Mark

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Mark Lybrand <mlybrand@gmail.com> wrote:
This was not the post that I thought got "moderated". It was one about widget contents disappearing on even pages. I didn't see my OP on this thread, so maybe I just don't get cc'ed on posts that I make. In that case, that situation was an anomaly that no one has a good answer for.

On this, I will look into the content control wrapper feature. Thanks for pointing me in a direction.

mark :)

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That's not a blog, you just need to enable the content control wrapper feature.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--

--
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Any updates to this issue? I'm encountering the same problem, but for content instead of blogs.

Would like the "Edit" tab to appear when the Content Control Wrapper module is enabled for authors' own content.

I've discovered the "Edit" tab appears when the "Edit content for others" permission (under Edit Roles function) is allowed. But I'd rather not have authors edit others content.

Is there a way to change the Roles or the Module permissions in the cmd or visual studio or the like?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I don't know. Was a bug filed for it?