Widget not showing content on even pages

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Hello,

I made a widget to show blog titles and the number of posts in each blog. I have set to show in all the autoroutes that start with "blog".

I have custom razor view in my themes.

The widget works as expected except on even pages. The title of the widget always shows up. So, this is the behavior

/blogs everything is fine
/blogs/blogname everything fine
/blogs/blogname?page=2 only the title
/blogs/blogname?page=3 everything fine
/blogs/blogname?page=4 only the title

etc
etc
etc

What is causing this behavior?

Let me know if I need to provide more information and what that information might be.

--
Mark :)
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Without knowing more about your code, it's hard to say.
Feb 18, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Totally missed your reply...

Okay so, I created an alternate Content-Blog.Summary.cshtml

with the following content:
@using Orchard.Utility.Extensions;
@{
    if (Model.Title != null) {
        Layout.Title = Model.Title;
    }

var contentTypeClassName = ((string)Model.ContentItem.ContentType).HtmlClassify();
}

<a href="/@Model.ContentItem.AutoroutePart.Path">@Model.ContentItem.TitlePart.Title</a> <em>(@Model.PostCount)</em><br />
Let me know if y'all need anything else to point me in the right direction.
Developer
Feb 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Did you check the logs? Perhaps an error is occurring preventing the rest from being displayed.
Or are you saying that on even pages the title renders, but the post count doesn't?
In that case, try and debug your widget driver (having a look at that code may help us help you as well).
Feb 19, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Well, I don't really have a widget driver. I created a query on ContentType of Blog, Ordered by Modification Date Descending, and a 3 column grid. Then I added a Projection Widget using that query. Then I used an alternate layout (see above). That's it.

Where are the logs supposed to be?

Mark
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:05 AM
App_Data\logs
Feb 19, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Logs are completely empty. What seems to be happening though, is that the list of blogs is empty on even pages. Very strange.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

App_Data\logs

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Seems like you have repro steps. Can you please file a bug?
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Wilco. Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM, bertrandleroy <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Seems like you have repro steps. Can you please file a bug?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--