Membership Site using Orchard CMS

Topics: Writing modules
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Hi dear,

I want to create a Membership site using Orchard CMS. My Membership site will contain Multiple video player's streaming my video or audio content from Amazon S3 web services.

I know how to create a Module , Content Types and then attaching Content Parts using Migrations and also creating tables using the Schema Builder and little bit of MVC too.

My Question is about how can I display the Video Player to Paid Members only. Do I need to use Roles(Roles of Orchard) for giving video access only to the Paid Members. Can I restrict access to the VideoController only to the users having a VideoaccessRole i.e After they have paid for the Monthly Subscription.

Am I right about the whole thing?

If not please guide me.

Thanks
With Regards
Abhishek Luv
Developer
Feb 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
It sounds like you are on the right track. Have a look how permissions are implemented i.e. Permissions.cs or use Content Permissions.
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Thanks dear,

Why do u have html tags injected with your Post reply??

ok Permissions using IPermissionProvider and then using IAuthorizer in the controller to check the appropriate roles before running the controller action methods.
Developer
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I was responding via GMail - It must be due to the latest codeplex changes
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Ok now I am very clear with the above stuff.

Now how can I implement Paypal as a Payment checkout System for my Membership site within Orchard CMS?
Developer
Mar 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Although the module itself is not ready yet, working PayPal code as part of an Orchard module can be found here: http://darkskycommerce.codeplex.com/
Mar 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM
sfmskywalker wrote:
Although the module itself is not ready yet, working PayPal code as part of an Orchard module can be found here: http://darkskycommerce.codeplex.com/
I am try to use the above Module with Orchard.Source 1.6.0.0 I don't see darkskycommerce module in the Admin Module section.
Developer
Mar 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM
That's because that module hasn't been submitted to the gallery as it's still under development. You can download it via CodePlex nonetheless and see what code is used to integrate with PayPal.