Deploying Orchard - after deploy its missing its theme until I log in

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:07 AM
I'm new to orchard. So far I love it, but this issue is driving me nuts.

I'm seeing an issue upon deployment. On my test machine when I view a page it looks fine. But when I deploy it to a home web server it looks like there is no theme applied. However if I sign in the theme comes to life. I sign out and keep the same session going and the theme remains. If I open an incognito window the theme disappears again until I sign in again! I'm saying the "theme" but I mean any formatting plus some graphics that are in the media area and not actually part of the theme.

It doesn't happen on my test machine only on the web server. Is it an IIS setting? Some sort of permission issue in orchard, hence the need for a login?

My method of deployment was to zip up the orchard .web project and manually copy the files to the web server. I kept getting errors on the clickToBuild.cmd command. Anyhow, i'm relatively clueless on the potential cause. Any suggestions would help. I'm not sure if I've provided enough information. I'm on version 1.6 and using iis 7. My test machine is 64 bit and the server it 32 bit. I can post code, I just don't know where to start.
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Well - I know its a permissions issue. I gave full control to everybody and it works fine. Not the best way to configure a web site! Although this is now an IIS and permissions issue, any assistance would appreciated. I tried giving out least permissions to the users that I thought mattered but the issue came up each time. Even if I gave full control to the Local Service (app pool user) and the ISS_IUSR the issue still persisted. thanks!