Pb with the 2 versions of Nwazet.commerce, request for actual status and merge

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Edited Feb 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I just discovered that there are 2 versions of nwazet commerce.... bad... I just realized I updated the mercurial url believing it was an error and upgraded the ems to the last changes in the bleroy/spike version....!!!!!
Hours of work to understand what this merge has done.
Would certainly be better to restart from the base code.

Any consideration here would be welcome.

It would certainly be appreciated by the community to have this 'wild' fork being integrated in the inner project.
It contains some extensions as Paypal and product recommandations that are interesting for those like me in countries where Google Checkout doesn't work (it seems on the way to be abandonned by Google ?)
I could participate to this but the ems should be merged first ?
Feb 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Edited Feb 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
ok, there is a pull request going on...let's wait hopping it won't be too long.
(I have done my own merge with last code from jao28 and bertrand, not too hard work, 30 minutes....but waiting for the real thing..
Feb 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2013 at 7:46 AM
After some primary work I see that there was 2 different concepts for Discount, I kept the one from BLeroy.
The only advantage in ems's one was the possibility to display discounts in the shopping cart.
But this feature is dependant of the user being authenticated, so it's of a minor importance related to complex coding.
Was the variant architecture based on the concept of an external CRM or ERP which would be managing the products and discounts ?

Concerning thePaypal driver, it uses the old API,dommage, I had also to remove all the discount code attached inside.

I kept history feature, actually minus the discounts, hoping to replace by BLeroy discounts later.
Ideally there should be orders and the history would be the orders listing.
For payments, it could be nice to have also invoices (for small companies it's interestng), but today it could be easier to connect all this to a saas crm as MS Online / Salesforce or another provider.
I could do the MS CRM Online connection, having already done it previously for another CMS.

I also try to keep promotion and recommandations, roles is also a good idea.

One last point, all the pricing are made using double, it would have been better to use decimals which are far better concerning all the rounding problems, they also allow for various decimal digits (that's their reason to exist)
related to this, missing a currency choice, for ecommerce, it is now mandatory.
May be I will convert.

Good work anyway.
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Thanks, I'll merge after I'm done with my own new features.
Feb 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
If you need some help send me instructions.
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Thanks for the offer but I'll do it myself.