Permission under Roles to manage users

Topics: Administration
Feb 4, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Hi all.

Somebody know how about to set a permission flag to edit/create/delete users under Admin panel when setting specific role?

Thanks,

Henry Felipe
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Can you please be a little more specific? I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you're trying to do.
Feb 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Sure.

Under roles feature, when you configure an specific role about what functionalities will be available under it, it's possible to assign a lot of options like: access frontend, create/edit blogs, and so forth.

But I have a need that my client only have one option under admin panel, that is to create/edit/delete users.

Is there some module that I need to install to permit this configuration?

If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks,

Henry Felipe
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
No there isn't that I know of. If you can create users and assign roles, you pretty much own the site so it would be futile to restrict other permissions to such a user, so such a feature would have to be very specific to the delegated user administration scenario, which we never go to. What you might want to do however is create a special admin screen with a specific custom permission on it, that enables the creation and management of users with a fixed role, that would be even less powerful than that.