Add fields to registration

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Feb 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I'm trying to add some custom fields to the registration page, like name and telephone. I've looked at the profile module, which doesn't alter the registration page. The Extended Registration module doesn't work properly. Can you give some guidance as to how to do this? I've added the fields, so I suppose I only need to change the editor, right?

Thank you in advance!
Feb 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM
This is always something I have found rather odd with Orchard, which is so beautifully extensible but yet fails in this respect. Or I may also have never understood how to add additional registration fields ^^ My company has its own registration module to allow for just adding fields/parts to registration. However in side projects I have used the ExtendedRegistration module and have found it to work perfectly. What exactly about it doesn't work properly? From what I remember you had to create a part with the relevant fields you wanted added to registration and then attach that part to the user content type.
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I have no simple answer to that. I made the Profile module in order to be able to set custom properties on a user, but I have never worked on the registration extensively, but I do see the need for it. Hope the ExtendedRegistration can be a solution for you. Fancy making a blog post about it if you have it working ?
Feb 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM
<div> <p><span style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:">I think I’m almost arriving to a solution. Yep, I’ll try to add some additional info, update the module and write a blogpost!</span></p> <p><a name="_MailEndCompose"><span style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"></span></a></p> <div> <div style="border:none; border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt; padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in"> <p><b><span style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:">From:</span></b><span style="font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"> sebastienros [email removed] <br> <b>Sent:</b> Monday, February 4, 2013 5:34 PM<br> <b>To:</b> bernardocaldas@hotmail.com<br> <b>Subject:</b> Re: Add fields to registration [orchard:431838]</span></p> </div> </div> <p></p> <p><span style="font-size:9.0pt; font-family:">From: sebastienros</span></p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody" style="margin-bottom:24.0pt"> <p><span style="font-size:9.0pt; font-family:">I have no simple answer to that. I made the Profile module in order to be able to set custom properties on a user, but I have never worked on the registration extensively, but I do see the need for it. Hope the ExtendedRegistration can be a solution for you. Fancy making a blog post about it if you have it working ?</span></p> </div> </div>