Azure website caching issue

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jan 30, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a strange issue when I have output caching enabled (Contrib.Cache) when my site is hosted as a Azure website.  The issue is that the whole page content is rendered twice - if I press Ctrl-F5 the page is displayed correctly, but the next time I visit that page the content is shown twice again.  When developing in my local dev environment I have no such problem, so I'm assuming my set-up is incorrect for Azure.  Do I need Azure Cache provider even though I only have one medium sized reserved instance?  

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Seems like both instances of the page content is coming from cache, as having outputted the time stamp, it is the same for both. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Is the html for the entire page being duplicated? Or just a specific section within the page?
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:25 PM
The entire page is duplicated.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I personally have multiple websites running with this module on a medium size reserved instance too. They work perfectly.
Is it possible that you have some code duplicate for this module ?
If you are not afraid with the idea, you could add some tracing in the Cache filter to see when it's called, and why.
Jan 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Hi sebastienros, I'll give that a go and feedback on the results - very strange behaviour that it works on my local dev env. though.
Feb 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I've found that the ImageResizer.net (with diskcache plugin) module is causing an issue with the duplicate caching. Will investigate further to try and find resolution.