deployed Orchard won't start index. missing?

Topics: Administration, General
Jan 29, 2013 at 4:23 PM

thanks for helping

I just deployed an Orchard 1.6 Site to Amen; but the Site won't start. The Amen support checked it and sent me below quoted msg.
In general saying that the index.xyz file in the /httpdocs folder is missing (this folder contains the Site starting with the APP_Data ... etc  folders).
PS: I have deployed another Site to Winhost successfully! And do not remember that I had this type of issue. Also I do NOT see an index.xyz file in root!

Questions:
- what is the startup procedure in Orchard  - documentation?
   Do I need such an index. file? On my system I work with the 'Default Documents' as defined in IIS
- what do I need to check ?

PS: the site work perfectly on my Machine
I'm obviously not familiar on how this works ....  can anybody help me?
Thanks for your time and advise
ed

quote de ISP/AMEN:
 et nous avons constaté que le fichier "index" était inexistant.
 Or nous vous rappelons que le fichier correspondant à la page d'accueil de votre site doit être
 nommé "index.asp" ou "index.php" ou "index.html" ou bien "index.htm".
 Il vous faut donc republier ce fichier sur votre serveur dans le répertoire "/httpdocs".
end Quote/AMEN

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Wow, you seem to have found an extremely incompetent hosting company there ;) They don't seem to know how ASP.NET works at all. I would run away fast.
Jan 31, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Bertrand, merci pour votre temps ...
well, you are right BUT: in this case I'm helping a the 'Mairie' to set up a Site and they are already using AMEN. I guess the company is ok but some of the support people are not to knowledgeable.! I also told them that I need ASP.Net 4, piplinemode: integrated etc......

In the meantime I found somebody and with changing the 'Pack' it should be ok!

But might be you can help me out. In fact I read once an article from you explaining the start-up sequence / philosophy of Orchard. I found it extremely interesting BUT can't find it anymore ... if you remember could you provide me the link!?
Thanks again for all you guy's work .. great!
ed
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:22 AM
right on ... very informative, thanks