Functional question about content types and tags

Topics: Administration
Jan 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm developing a site and have a few questions about content types.

The company has 4 employees with all different levels of expertise.

So I've made a content type employee and i want to work with something like tags for the expertises (it's like a many to many relation)

So, Can I add a body field to tags? This would be really great and that's exactly what I need.

I would only use the tags for the expertises and not for anything else on the site.

(an expertise only has a title and a body with text)

I could create 2 content types, create a many to many relation, set up all the ui but that seems overkill considering i have only 4 employees and a few expertises...

Kind regards,

Borrie

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Tags are a part, you cant really add the body part to another part. If that is what you mean. Have you considered setting up a Taxonomy called Expertise with your 4 levels of expertise, you can have a html field on those. Though I don't really understand what you are after if I'm honest :)

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hazza,

Thanks for your answer, I'll try to clarify :)

There are 4 lawyers, they all have domains of expertise (like divorce, rental issues, payment issues...) and some lawyers have more then one and some have some of the same expertises)

So i want to show the lawyers (content types) with their expertises as links, when you click on an expertise you should go to the expertise page to see the detail about it.

Can I do this with taxonomies?

Borrie

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Borrie

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 6:14 AM
Yes, taxonomies. There is a video in the Orchard TV section of the documentation site that shows something that I think is similar.
Jan 31, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Oh God, I've watched this video before but not until the end. And of course at the end the magic happens :)

Thanks so much for the info, exactly what I was looking for.

Borrie
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Bertand,

I've created the taxonomy added the body part and everything works fine.

What I want to do now is display a list of these taxonomy parts.

I've created a query added the content type term to it. When I click on preview i see the list of terms.
Then I've created a projection, selected the query and added it to the main menu.

But when I click on the menu link it says the page you are looking for does not exist.

Do you know what's wrong or how i can display a list of these these content parts?

Borrie
Feb 6, 2013 at 5:52 PM
nevermind, I can just go to the controller of the term :)