Automated data export

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get automated data export working via http. My module is depending on the Import/Export module and I have the following controller:

public ActionResult Export(string[] contenttypes, bool metadata = true, bool settings = true, bool data = true)
{
	// if no contenttypes asked, export everything
	List<string> contenttypestoexport = contenttypes == null || !contenttypes.Any() ?
		_contentDefinitionManager.ListTypeDefinitions().Select(c => c.Name).ToList() : 
		new List<string>(contenttypes);

var exportOptions = new ExportOptions { 
		ExportMetadata = metadata, 
		ExportSiteSettings = settings, 
		ExportData = data
	};

string filepath = _importExportService.Export(contenttypestoexport, exportOptions);
	return new FilePathResult(filepath, "text/xml");

// TODO delete the file on disk, this needs a change in the importexport module to return the XML feed instead of the filename on disk.
}

To get this to work nicely I'd like to propose two changes to the Import/Export module. First of all it would be nice to be able to retrieve the XmlDocument itself instead of writing it to file. The interface would look like this:

public interface IImportExportService : IDependency {
	void Import(string recipeText);
	string Export(IEnumerable<string> contentTypes, ExportOptions exportOptions);
	XDocument ExportXml(IEnumerable<string> contentTypes, ExportOptions exportOptions);
}

Secondly there are hardcoded references to the currently logged in user. I don't need this, the url is publicly available. Could the references to a user be changed to:

_orchardServices.WorkContext.CurrentUser != null ? _orchardServices.WorkContext.CurrentUser.UserName : "Anonymous"

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Looks like a good change, yes. A bug in the issue tracker, with a patch, would be great. Thanks.