How to add Bloggers

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Jan 21, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Hi,

I want to add the bloggers list in home page and need to give link to see the list of blog post when click the blogger's name. Can you please let me know how to display the bloggers list in orchard home page?

For Ex:

Bloggers:

sathya.

When click sathya the page should display list of post created by Sathya.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to add list of users in the home page? Also When click users link the list of post created by that user need to be display.

Developer
Jan 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

One way to do that is by writing a custom Projection filter that queries all users by one or more selected roles.
Then add a Binding to the OwnerId property of the CommonPartRecord and create a Query that selects all BlogPosts whose CommonPartRecord.OwnerId equals a value from the querystring (e.g. ownerId).
Finally, add projections to your site that leverage these 2 queries.

So most of what you need is already possible, except for the filter that selects users by a set of roles (unless I'm missing something myself).

Mar 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Hi,
How to list the list of post when click the bloggers name.

For Example:
User1
User2

when click user1 it should list all the post which are created by user1.
Developer
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Did you try it out with Projections?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Actually I would suggest Taxonomies. Create a Taxonomy named Author, then one Term for each Author. This way you select who is the Author of the article when you edit it, and by displaying the Author content item (using a link) you can show every content which is associated with it. You can also customize the Author Term content type to add a Picture or a Bio.
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Hi Sebastienros,
Thank you for your response. My issue get resolved.
Can you please let me know how to sort the list of bloggers based on the post published date time. The recently posted author name should list first, next recent author will come next.

Can you please let me know how to implement the above?
Mar 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Hi,

Can you please let me know how to sort the list of bloggers based on the post published date time. The recently posted author name should list first, next recent author will come next.

Apr 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Hi,

Developer
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:41 PM
You should probably override the view that renders the bloggers, and have the list of bloggers sorted by name. If you want them sorted by the post (I assume their last post), which you can probably get by getting the last content item from the ContentItems property (assuming your Author is a Taxonomy Term).

Because this is all done in-memory, it will not work correctly when you are working with paged data. Perhaps you should implement a custom controller doing all this.