dynamic compilation not kicking in for my module

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Jan 14, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Hello I have a few modules named 

Intelli.Core

Intelli.Scripts

Intelli.Common 

When building the entire solution it looks like the Intelli.Core module is not dynamically compiled. 

Looking at the Orchard.Web\AppData\Dependencies folder i can see my Intelli.scripts.dll and Intelli.Common.dll in the folder but not my Intelli.Core.dll.

After examining the orchard-debug.log i see this : 

2013-01-14 22:58:54,385 [14] Orchard.Environment.Extensions.ExtensionLoaderCoordinator - No loader found for extension "Intelli.Core"!

2013-01-14 22:58:57,610 [5] Orchard.Environment.Extensions.ExtensionManager - No suitable loader found for extension "Intelli.Core"

I am thinking that maybe some reference i have in my Intelli.Core project with other modules   is causing the trouble , but removing these references from Intelli.Core would be a pain because they provide the basic functionality.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot. At least find out whats causing the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Where did you put your references?

Developer
Jan 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Are you able to compile the solution from Visual Studio?

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM

ok guys , I've resolved it. 

The issue was that my Inteli.Core module was loaded by the Precompiled loader but had references to modules that were handled by the dynamic extension loader. 

Removing the dll from the /bin folder forced the Dynamic extension loader to kick in and all was well. 

I just needed to figure out how the different loaders worked together. 

giannik

Developer
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM

FYI dynamic compilation is actually broken in 1.6 (was resolved in one of the first commits after the release).

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hmm, i downloaded the source code version about a week ago.

Does that mean i have the fix included?

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Afaik : no.. We manually had to hax in this fix - I could be mistaken though.

But if I'm right : why was there no v1.6.1 released with the fix? 

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Because there is an easy workaround.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Being?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Orchard-module-loader-and-dynamic-compilation