File browsing or Is there a File manager for TinyMCE out there

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Hi,

I've been googling as a mad man for a couple of days. Looking for a file manager/file browser to use as the File Manager for TinyMCE Deluxe. Can't find any that seem to fit in.

Anyone out there that have any suggestions?

I'm looking for an "easy" way to browse and insert links to documents when creating HTML content pages?

Regards
Tomas

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I'm interested in this too. Currently there's a MediaPicker module which works for inserting images but not for inserting links to images or other files.

I guess the MediaPicker module could be used as a starting point for another module which does this.

Developer
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM

The following workitem is about Media Picker extensibility: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/18878
Although we don't have a "Content" picker tab yet, when you apply the attached patches you could easily implement such a screen.

Alternatively (or additionally) one could add a button to TinyMCE (using the TinyMCEDeluxe module) that launches the ContentPicker dialog and insert a link to the selected content item.

I don't think anyone implemented something like that, at least I couldn't find it.

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I'm a little confused about why you wouldn't simply include a regular link.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM

For my site content editors need to be able to upload PDF files and then add a download link to them.

At the moment they are uploaded to the media library and then they need add the link by typing in the URL manually.

This can be a bit confusing given that the media library generates a image tag to copy/paste rather than just the URL.

Besides this I think having a content picker for links would be useful to save time and confusion copying and pasting URLs.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Some of those may help: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Search?packageType=Modules&searchTerm=document

Jul 15 at 10:49 AM
Hello,

I'm using the TinyMCE DeLuxe module in Orchard (v1.7.2) for quite a while now, but I want to add a contentpicker to the Hyperlink button popup.
I already tried to modify the orchard-tinymce.js file with the "file_browser_callback : 'myFileBrowser'". A button appears after the link-field, but the code that I added did not work correct.

I read on this thread that it is possible but I tried several things, and it didn't work out.

Is there anyone who fixed this option?!