Anyone reviewed the various image gallery modules?

Topics: General
Jan 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Hi All,

I'm looking to implement an Image Gallery module into a site. There are likely to be several galleries on the site and I'd value some form of clean, clear lightbox presentation to the user. Absolutely ideal would be if it were implementable as a content type which could be added to a page and/or a widget.

I'm aware there are quite a few image gallery modules already available in the Orchard Gallery but as the voting and commenting side is a little "under-used" I thought I'd see if there was a commonly used 'best' one?

Has anyone reviewed them and can recommend one?

Will review and report findings back here but thought I'd ask in case anyone already has done.

Cheers

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Well, when I needed one, I built a clean and simple one: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Nwazet.ZenGallery "Best", well, depends on what feature set you need and value.

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Thanks Bertrand. I like the idea of starting from something clean and simple and building from there more than wrestling with unneeded features and bloat. Also like the idea of using as much of Orchard as possible. Thanks :)