How to create a ASP.net webpage, and 'hosted' by Orchard?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Jan 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hi,

i.e.: Within an Orchard-powered website, I'd like to create a 'Asp.net' page (instead of using the Orchard HTML page), and put some logic in it; once a user clicks a button, it can talk to a web service (hosted somewhere else); and the web service will return some data then shows in that page.

Thanks,

Jim

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Any idea?

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM

In theory you can add an aspx page to an MVC project (which Orchard is) and have them working side by side. Whether there might be something in Orchard that will stop this working, I don't know.

Unless you have a particular requirement for making it an aspx page (e.g. having third party controls) you should probably be looking at using MVC instead of the aspx.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM
brainsiq wrote:

In theory you can add an aspx page to an MVC project (which Orchard is) and have them working side by side. Whether there might be something in Orchard that will stop this working, I don't know.

Unless you have a particular requirement for making it an aspx page (e.g. having third party controls) you should probably be looking at using MVC instead of the aspx.

MVC is fine, but does it have to be a Custom Module?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Yes.