Capturing Display Name as part of registration process.

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Jan 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I'm using a custom profile module to capture some additional profile information for a user as part of profile edit and I'm using custom profile module extended from the way Gallery Profile module works.

I would like to use email as user login and use a profile attribute called "display name" on the site which will be used to display user identity across the site (not user name). I'm adding a text field called "Display Name" to profile part along with other Profile attribute such as Profile Summary and Profile Avatar. My question is how should I capture Display Name as part of registration process.

I can default the user name to email address using jquery and hide the textbox so that username is not visible and also I can add a new textbox "display name" but how do I store ONLY display name of ProfilePart after registration is done?

I tried to use IUserEventHandler (created method) but am not sure how to update one of profile attribute given that profile module doesn't have a typed class (I'm using migration.cs to create Profile Part and using same to add fields to it).

I'm successfully able to use created method of IUserEventHandler to add user to default role but Can somebody guide me on how to store the profile attribute to the part when I do not have a Part.cs and ProfilePartRecord.cs classes in module as I don't need these classes for anything else (OOTB fields are enough using migrations.cs)

Thanks

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Any help appreciated!!!