Extending fields in Orchard

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Dec 27, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hello,

Is it possible to extend existing Content Fields in Orchard?  I know how to create a completely new field, but I'm not sure if it is possible to customize fields that already exist.  I'm trying to add a drop-down list to the Input field settings (similar to the Flavor setting on a text field).  So far the only way I've been able to do that is to recreate the Input Field type in my own module and add an additional setting to the new field.  

Thanks

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM

If you just want a dropdown list with predefined values the enumeration field has that option.

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I'm trying to connect our fields in Orchard to our Form management tool in HubSpot and for that I need to have a setting on my fields in Orchard that holds the "Field ID" value.  The setting should be a dropdown list containing the various field ID's that are available in HubSpot.  

Right now, I've completely copied the Text field, Input field, and Numeric field out of the Orchard.Fields module and added my setting to my copied versions.  That works, but I was really hoping there is a way to just add additional settings to the existing fields in the Orchard.Fields module without completely copying the fields into my own module.

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM

There isn't.