Admin menu permissions

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Dec 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Currently I am trying to limit a certain user to having only some of the admin features.  The idea is that we would have one 'Super Admin' that had access to everything then a user that has access to almost everything else except themes, widgets and modules. 

I have tried looking in the database and can see where the permissions are kept. Would it be best to add my own permissions in here for the features I want to hide/show then limit the admin menu? if this is the case, where would I find the code to limit the menu for these Permissions I create?

Thanks

Developer
Dec 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Each module that contributes to the Admin menu is responsible for determining whether or not to display its menu items based on permissions. You could add the user to a certain role which has a limited set of active permissions.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM
The issues isnt the roles, but adding extra permissions to what are already there.

e.g. how could i give access to the settings menu without also giving permissions to view and edit modules, themes etc. I'm assuming i'll have to add extra parts to the modules to add in the extra permissions so as to check on them rather than what is currently there.  Basically the permissions currently there arent sufficient and so i'd like to make them a little more specific.

Thanks
Jan 3, 2013 at 11:55 PM

So what you're saying is you want to grant only some permissions from the Siteowner role.

Here is the difference between non-siteowner without modules, widgets and themes permissions and siteowner.