Orchard.Recipes.Services.RecipeHarvester - Could not discover recipes because module '' was not found

Topics: General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Dec 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hi all,

We are having issues installing a new version of the module in our WebMatrix enviroment.

The module is working fine in Debug with the source code of Orchard (last version 1.6), but when we generate the module and try to install it in WebMatrix is not being execute it and the only error in the log files is:

Orchard.Recipes.Services.RecipeHarvester - Could not discover recipes because module 'ESPA.Owner' was not found

I know it's something relating with th dlls that we are using or some module dependencies.

Our module is depending on:

  • Orchard.Messaging (is enabled)
  • Orchard.Email (is enabled)
  • Token (enabled by default)
  • Localization (is enabled)
  • ESPA.Mvc (installed and enabled)

Also, we have the following dll dependencies:

  • System.Net.Http (runtime version v4.0.30319, version
  • System.Net.Http.Formatting (runtime version v4.0.30319, version
  • System.Web.Mvc (runtime version v4.0.30319, version

The dlls are shared for both modules (ESPA.Mvc and ESPA.Owner) and with the same version

Now the strange thing.... We were able to publish trhe module in the designer computer but not on the developers computers. It could be a problem of the frameworks installed?

Any ideas?


Dec 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM

What is ESPA.Owner?

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Hi, the issue has been resolved now. ESPA.Owner is our own orchard module.

It was due to diffrent versions of the dll between modules. I have updated all our modules with the last version of the framework for the dll:





Also before generating the modules to be installed, I cleaned up the local bin folder of each module. After that the modules were generated correctly without issues.

Thanks anayway.

Aug 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Edited Aug 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I just had the same type of issue installing the Contrib.GoogleAnalytics module. An exception was logged with "Could not discover recipes because module 'Contrib.GoogleAnalytics' was not found."

I deleted the App_Data/Dependencies folder and it started working. Seems like it is a dll issue.

Maybe the issue reoccurs one day, and I'll read this post and know what to do :-)