Custom Forms Localization

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Dec 17, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I've built a multi lingual site, with a custom form.

I needed the form to appear in the selected language in the 'culture picker', but even after adding the 'localization' part to my form content type i was unable to create a translation,

since the translations are created through the content items menu, but there is no content item for a custom form.

This is very problamatic for me because i need the localizations to show the right form on the main menu.

Please help :)

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Did you add the localizable part to the content type?

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM

It seems I have the same problem that Julia has (had - maybe). I did add the localizable part to the content type, and what this does is set a "new translation" link on the front-end of the form ( which is useless, on pressing that link it doesn't work) either.

check ou this link:

any suggestions Julia, or Bertrand? thanks

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

ah, yes, that would make sense. I'm afraid this is is not supported.

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Ok, thanks, maybe for the next version.

The thing is now that if I make a seperate form for each language, that that will also add a seperate menu item, as in 'contact us' 3 times on the menu if you have 3 that still needs a work around

best regards

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM

A (bad) workaround is to use different menus for different cultures

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

thank you Bertrand, could be an idea, I appreciate that.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I did what Bertrand suggested (use different menus for different cultures) and it works (almost). For example, I have a menu item redirecting to a contact form . My French menu is shown only when the culture is fr-CA and points to url("contact") and my English menu is shown only when the culture is en-CA and points to url("contact-us"). But I still have a problem:

If a user currently in en-CA goes to the contact page url("contact-us") and then change the culture to fr-CA, the user stays in the English form url(contact-us). The user has to click on the menu again to go to the French contact page url("contact"). Is there a way for the user to be redirected to the French contact form when changing the culture with the culture picker.

Well, I know the best way to avoid this would be to be able to localize custom forms at the source but since it is not supported, does anyone have an idea.

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:13 AM
So is there a way yet to localize custom forms like other contents when using version 1.8.1?