Migrating Database in Orchard

Topics: Installing Orchard
Dec 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

Is it  possible to migrate whatever I have created for my site in my local copy database under SQL Server Compact to SQL Server db? Do I need to redo my site from scratch again? Appreciate if there's any tutorial/guidance on how to perform this. 

Thanks,
Khertz 

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:47 AM
khertz wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Is it  possible to migrate whatever I have created for my site in my local copy database under SQL Server Compact to SQL Server db? Do I need to redo my site from scratch again? Appreciate if there's any tutorial/guidance on how to perform this. 

Thanks,
Khertz 

Yes you can copy your local Orchard CMS site to your Hosting server.

1. Open your Orchard CMS site in Webmatrix, go to the database tab and then click Migrate this will migrate your SQL Server Compact database to SQL Server express or Developer edition whatever you have.

2. Create a .bak file of that migrated database and upload it your hosting database server.

3. Inside your \App_Data\Sites\Default folder you will have to change the database connection string within the settings file.

4. Upload your Orchard CMS site folder to the server using ftp.

Your done. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:58 AM
abhishekluv wrote:
khertz wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Khertz 

Yes you can copy your local Orchard CMS site to your Hosting server.

1. Open your Orchard CMS site in Webmatrix, go to the database tab and then click Migrate this will migrate your SQL Server Compact database to SQL Server express or Developer edition whatever you have.

2. Create a .bak file of that migrated database and upload it your hosting database server.

3. Inside your \App_Data\Sites\Default folder you will have to change the database connection string within the settings file.

4. Upload your Orchard CMS site folder to the server using ftp.

Your done. 

Is it the same method if I copy to MySQL instead?

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Yes

That should work.

Dec 16, 2012 at 6:56 AM
abhishekluv wrote:

Yes

That should work.

Ok thanks a lot! Db migrated :)

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:04 AM
khertz wrote:
abhishekluv wrote:

Yes