Error after previewing a Theme

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I am using a older version of the Orchard. Dont know what version i am having as now my site is not working.

When it was working; i installed two themes (contoso and Terra). After instalation; I just clicked on contoso and selected preview mode. Thats all my site is now throwing the following error

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

is there a way to edit and update some config file back to default theme?

Any help would be highly appreciated

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM

To change the current theme manually, you can open the following database table: Orchard_Themes_ThemeSiteSettingsPartRecord and change the value of the CurrentThemeName column to "TheThemeMachine". Be sure to recycle the application pool (simply saving web.config will cause that effect) to make sure that this setting isn't cached.

Disclaimer: the following advice will be at your own risk: If the error remains, you may want to temporarily update web.config and set customerrors to "Off" so that you will see the exact error message. Be aware that any other visitors will be able to see this error as well, and poses a security risk if sensitive information is exposed. Alternatively, you could login using Remote Desktop and watch the error from there. That way you should not have to update web.config. Or, download the log files via FTP and analyze them. Start with the latter, as it is probably the safest way.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Also, if you want to figure out what exactly is going on, you need to follow the instructions from the error message that you pasted and turn custom errors off in order to get a proper stack trace.