Autoroute Dirge

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard
Dec 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I'm really struggling with the Autoroute stuff I'm afraid.  The complicating factor I guess is that our blog that I'm trying to install is running as a Virtual Application underneath the route of our site in a folder "blog".  I've been able to overcome the challenge of that installation but now am having a heck of a time getting our blog URLs to work and stick.

Here's the URL in question:

http://www.folkways.si.edu/blog/

My autoroute looks like this:

blog/{Content.Date.Format:yyyy/MM/dd}/{Content.Slug}

Unfortunately everytime I try to post something the URLs are broken.  It insists on "/blog/blog/" to work.  If I remove manually the reference to "/blog" in the permalink.  It drops both "blogs" and still doesn't work.  It's really driving me mad I tell you.

I'd hugely appreciate anyone chiming in here.  I'll pay it forward at another time.

Thanks!

Toby

Developer
Dec 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

What happens if you change the autoroute pattern on the blog itself? E.g. "weblog"?

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thanks sfmskywalker!

I solved my own problem this morning.  Just needed some sleep I guess.  I've adjusted the link in the Parts.Title.Summary.cshtml View like so:

href="/blog/@Model.ContentItem.AutoroutePart.DisplayAlias">    @Html.Raw(Model.ContentItem.TitlePart.Title)</a

And now am on my way.

T

Developer
Dec 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I'm glad to hear so. Yes, a good night sleep can do wonders :)