Weird problem displaying blog post where I don't even know where to start...

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting
Nov 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I have observed an error on my blog site at http://www.enlightenedmindshare.com/never-let-the-thought-of-failure-enter that only appears on a SINGLE blog posting (the others appear fine) using only the Bootstrap theme. Displaying this in Safari or any desktop browser results in an error.

I am using the Vandelay Theme Switcher to render this using jQueryMobile if the user agent is iPhone or Android. Has anyone seen this happen, and how would you fix it, since this is the only posting having the problem.

I had caching turned on (Contrib.Cache and Sys.Cache), but I turned them back off thinking there might be some caching problem from a query or pre-rendered shape.

Any ideas anyone? This is Orchard 1.6 (a build slightly after that from last week) running on a VM role in Azure.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

You said it's a build later than the official 1.6? That could explain it as some work has been done on comments. Can you try with a real 1.6 and the same data?

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Thanks very much for your reply! I actually found the problem inside a view alternate inside of the Bootstrap theme for displaying comments with posts.  That explained why it only appeared using this theme with this particular post (the only one with comments).  Their code was sending a shape directly into a view that was expecting a "CommentPart" as the model.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and I hope this helps someone else.  Just have to remember to trace through all shapes and alternates and make sure they all get the model data that is expected.  This can be especially difficult when any shape/view can be overridden by any other at any time (great power, but dangerous when not all models are the same class type by convention).