How to debug Taxonomies field problems

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Nov 26, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Hello,

I created several custom Content Types from the interface.

They all have taxonomy fields, but for one of them there are some problems: 

1) the display names are not ok: I changed them but new values are not used,

2) When I try to create a query, the fields for this Content Type are not displayed in the data I could use to order or to group.

As I have already quantity of data in this Content Type, is there a way to debug the DB, looks like a column is missing in some table ?

Thanks

CS

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I found in the DB something looking weird concerning the Term Contents, in table ContentType definitionRecord, seems that some records are duplicated, deleted old values being still here ?

Id	Name	DisplayName	Hidden	Settings
38	Type-de-R�ference	Type de R�ference Term	0	<settings Taxonomy="Type de R�ference" />
39	Type-de-Projet	Type de Projet Term	0	<settings Taxonomy="Type de Projet" />
40	Type_de_Reference	Type_de_Reference Term	0	<settings Taxonomy="Type_de_Reference" />
41	Type_de_Projet	Type_de_Projet Term	0	<settings Taxonomy="Type_de_Projet" />

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

That's normal: previous versions are kept.

Don't know about 1. Do you have repro steps?

2. Did you mean part properties? If so, you need to go to the Bindings tab and add them.

Not sure what you mean by "debug the DB". If you want to check that all the columns are there, use SQL Management Studio if SQL Express or SQL Server, or you can use Visual Studio or WebMatrix to look inside a SQLCE DB. For MySql, they have tools too.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

For 1, I am unable to repro, the last Taxonomies+ custom Content Types I created are Ok. I just remember that after adding the fields of type Taxonomy in the content type I changed the display name and things goes wrong from this point.
I am fearing that the indexes in the taxonomy tables would not be ok due to a bug importing another custom type using expert/import from a dev server.
This is the reason why I am trying with SQL Server Management studio to check the tables, trying to create a view with join between tables to detect broken links. 

2. I discovered that fields of type taxonomy could not be used to order or group contents in a query. So it was not an error....but a missing feature.

I filed a bug for display with a file containing screen shoots.

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
For 2. How can I display taxonomy field in HTML Layout I since not displayed in the data?