The Metro Theme

Topics: Writing themes
Nov 23, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hi all,
I released a metro style orchard theme meters in alpha version here and on the gallery. In the downloads section on site project (http://orchardmetrotheme.codeplex.com/) can get an example of use.

The Metro Theme is a first version of my cool and flexible multi-zone theme for Orchard CMS, it's based on Modern UI concepts with 20 collapsible widget zones. Metro Theme is an evolution of Mango Theme, it try to overcome the shortcomings of last.

I would like to get your advice on what I have overlooked.

Thanks a lot,
Marco.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I like it a lot. :)

A few points:

I think it would be better if "Use Branding" was enabled by default, I was a little bit confused when my site title disappeared.

The field names and descriptions on the settings page are a bit off as well. "You must provide a tagline as branding" wasn't true, and "Select Background Color" was a bit misleading since the first field selected background and the other text. This could be better described in the hint as well.

Finally, I don't know what other people think, but I would like it better if the bottom darker thing (in which "Powered by Orchard" etc goes) would stick to the bottom of the page.

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, i like it.

I have created issues of the project site.
I will insert their fix in the beta version of the theme.