Setting content culture / language

Topics: Localization
Nov 21, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Hi, is there any way when adding content to pick which language it is in?

Say my site is in english and french, and the default culture is english.  When I add a piece of content, the language selector does not appear, only when adding a translation. 

The content initially added is considered "culture neutral" and shows up in my navigation on both english / french sides.  My goal is to have an extra page on the french side only.

If I add a translation to french, I now have 2 content items, linked together.  If I then delete the original english version, the content remains tagged to french, and appears in my navigation only when viewing the site in french, this is the behavior I am looking for.

It would be much easier to achieve this if I could initially set the language when adding.  (feature request).

An issue I noticed with doing this however is if I then try to add a translation to my french content, the site assumes that the content is the site default, and will only let me add a french translation to my french content.

Also if anyone has a best approach to having two home pages, I'd be interested.  The culture picker module used to redirect to /home_fr but does not seem to work with 1.6 update.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Please file a bug.

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:39 PM

the bug in the culturepicker is related to the way it's redirecting to local urls, add "~/" to all uses of RedirectLocal in Orchard.CulturePicker