Nov 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Edited Nov 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Hi All, so a Forum module is top of the uservoice list for Orchard, and I have made a lot of progress in building one. Before I release, I would like your suggestions on what you would like in the Forum module that I may have overlooked
What do we already have?
- CRUD Forum, Thread, Post
- Navigation in forums, threads, and posts
- Open/Close Threads with message
- Ability to change to HTML, Markdown etc (Not using BodyPart)
- Quick Reply to Post
- Reply to Post page which allows you to extend what a user can do
- Categories and Tags at a Thread level (this includes default ones)
- Framework for Popularity Algorithm. (I have written a sample SO one)
Things I conciser out of scope...
- Moderation (will be part of a recipe with 1.7 based on WorkFlow)
- Users can sign-in using Facebook / Twitter accounts and/or custom single sign-on with your site. (Can already do with with the Open Authentication Module)
- Built-in search engine (Lucene.NET) - (Implemented in core, just need to switch it on)
My current backlog...
- Rss feeds
- Fast quoting
- Role based forums
What suggestions do you the community have?
What should be "Out Of The Box" within a Forum Module?
Do you have any radical/concept idea's?