Hosting Multiple Sites on a Single Instance of orchard

Topics: General
Nov 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hi,

can it possible in orchard

Hosting Multiple Sites on a Single Instance of orchard and for each domain there is one adminuser?

Please reply 

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Setting-up-a-multi-tenant-orchard-site

Nov 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thank You for reply

i have question about admin user means we can host on one orchard multiple domain so can it possible to each domain having one administrator separately ?

and can possible in orchard Multiple versions of same page/content means keeps track of all versions of the page as we update,and pages can be archived so that they are no longer displayed and we can view them later or re-publish them?

Nov 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Poonam21 wrote:

Thank You for reply

i have question about admin user means we can host on one orchard multiple domain so can it possible to each domain having one administrator separately ?

and can possible in orchard Multiple versions of same page/content means keeps track of all versions of the page as we update,and pages can be archived so that they are no longer displayed and we can view them later or re-publish them?

Hi Poonam,

Yes you can have different users for each of your Multi-Tenant Site within One Instance of Orchard CMS.

Yes you can create , publish, archive and re-publish pages and content for each of your Multi-Tenant site within One Instance of Orchard CMS.

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Thank you for fast reply

For Multiple versions of pages means i want to say that if i created page after that if i edit that page and save it then first original page also should save and updated also save.

so how this possible in orchard, is there any documentation?

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Poonam21 wrote:

Thank you for fast reply

For Multiple versions of pages means i want to say that if i created page after that if i edit that page and save it then first original page also should save and updated also save.

so how this possible in orchard, is there any documentation?

I didn't get you

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM

oh sorry

i want to say, if i create page "test" with description "TEST DATA" , if i edit that page and changed description to "TEST DATA 2", so two pages should save with same name "test" but descriptions are different and we can publish or non publish page one of them,

it like in  drupal (PHP CMS) pages revision is available .

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Poonam21 wrote:

oh sorry

i want to say, if i create page "test" with description "TEST DATA" , if i edit that page and changed description to "TEST DATA 2", so two pages should save with same name "test" but descriptions are different and we can publish or non publish page one of them,

it like in  drupal (PHP CMS) pages revision is available .

Dear

Each of the Multi-Tenant Orchard CMS Site will work in an isolated environment inside a single Web Application. So rest everything is self explanatory.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Yes, revisions are saved, but not visible out of the box. You need a module to surface them: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Iroo.VersionManager

I'm not 100% this module is 1.6 compatible however.