Piedone.Avatar Upload Issue

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Nov 17, 2012 at 2:45 AM

we are implementing the Avatar functionality of the Piedone.Avatar module.  When a user uploads an image it does not save to the DB; however, when I am logged in as an administrator the image saves perfectly fine.

Any thoughts as to why this may be occuring?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Please next time if you have a question about a specific non-core module like Avatars please ask it on the module's project page. You'll probably get an answer quicker and you definitely will get one.

I'm the developer of that module and have to say I have no idea about the possible cause. Avatars doesn't define any custom permissions. What happens exactly when a normal user uploads a picture? I tested it and works for me with a standard user.

Nov 17, 2012 at 7:12 PM

The user that is signed in is classified as "Anonymous".  Would this be an issue?  The form saves the user's profile information: Name, location, brief bio, etc; however, does not save the image.  The administrator of the account can upload an image without a problem.

Next time I will ask the question on a different discussion board.

Nov 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Yes, that could be an is an issue. What do you specifically mean by that the user "is classified as "Anonymous""? Aren't you writing that the user is signed in?