Problem with duplicate titles, similar URLs and localization

Topics: General, Localization, Troubleshooting
Nov 16, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Hello, My name is Paul and I am new to Orchard but I have done plenty of work with other CMS such as Joomla and custom-built Oracle solutions. The site I am working on now has run into a perplexing issue that I could use some help figuring out. We are running Orchard 1.4.1 

1. A user created a page - skincancer.org/fr-FR/NAEVUS-DYSLAIQUES - and set its content localization to French. (Site's default language is English)
  2. The page was published and "Include in Left Navigation" was checked. 
  3. The user subsequently unpublished skincancer.org/fr-FR/NAEVUS-DYSLAIQUES 
  4. User then created and published a new page - http://www.skincancer.org/fr-FR/naevus-  using the same page title and content localization set to French but with a different URL.

The issue is that the link for old, unpublished page (#1 in the list above), is continuing to appear on the live site, though the link is causing a 404. The old link is also causing the correct page (#4 in the list above) to appear as a sub-menu to erroneous URL in the left menu. All of this is view-able at the URLs above.

We have tried publishing, unpublishing, changing the URL and the title but nothing seems to work.

Thank you for any assistance or guidance. 

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2012 at 5:56 PM

And did you try to go to "Navigation" and remove the menu item?