Orchard 1.6 on shared hosting environment

Topics: Core, General, Installing Orchard
Nov 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Hello people,

I have just upgraded my orchard website to v.1.6 and experiencing the error i don't have locally. Please advise:

Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost - A tenant could not be started: DefaultSystem.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()   at FluentNHibernate.AssemblyTypeSource.GetTypes()   at FluentNHibernate.Conventions.DefaultConventionFinder.AddSource(ITypeSource source)   at FluentNHibernate.Conventions.DefaultConventionFinder.AddFromAssemblyOf[T]()   at FluentNHibernate.Cfg.SetupConventionFinder`1.AddFromAssemblyOf[T]()   at Orchard.Data.Providers.AbstractDataServicesProvider.CreatePersistenceModel(ICollection`1 recordDescriptors) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Providers\AbstractDataServicesProvider.cs:line 44   at Orchard.Data.Providers.AbstractDataServicesProvider.BuildConfiguration(SessionFactoryParameters parameters) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Providers\AbstractDataServicesProvider.cs:line 0   at Orchard.Data.SessionFactoryHolder.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BuildConfiguration>b__2() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionFactoryHolder.cs:line 97   at Orchard.Data.SessionConfigurationCache.GetConfiguration(Func`1 builder) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionConfigurationCache.cs:line 51   at Orchard.Data.SessionFactoryHolder.BuildConfiguration() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionFactoryHolder.cs:line 96   at Orchard.Data.SessionFactoryHolder.GetConfiguration() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionFactoryHolder.cs:line 74   at Orchard.Data.SessionFactoryHolder.BuildSessionFactory() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionFactoryHolder.cs:line 86   at Orchard.Data.SessionFactoryHolder.GetSessionFactory() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionFactoryHolder.cs:line 64   at Orchard.Data.SessionLocator.For(Type entityType) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\SessionLocator.cs:line 29   at Orchard.Data.Repository`1.get_Session() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs:line 26   at Orchard.Data.Repository`1.get_Table() in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs:line 30   at Orchard.Data.Repository`1.Fetch(Expression`1 predicate) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs:line 126   at Orchard.Data.Repository`1.Get(Expression`1 predicate) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs:line 91   at Orchard.Data.Repository`1.Orchard.Data.IRepository<T>.Get(Expression`1 predicate) in C:\work\!test\web\delikar\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs:line 60   at Orchard.Core.Settings.Descriptor.ShellDescriptorManager.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Try deleting your mappings.bin file.

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have that file. I deleted all previous 1.5 installation and then published 1.6 there.

Nov 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Remove the Dependencies folder + ensure that all your 'bin' folders contain the same version of the 'shared' dll files.

We had an issue caused by one of the bin folders containing an older dll version of on of our dependencies.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Here's a small update for people, this information might be helpful for someone.

Unfortunately, I haven't resolved the issue yet, i tried several different installations of orchard v.1.6 and no luck, initially it was built from source codes, then - binary downloaded from codeplex, both builds throw the exception I mentioned above and both work fine locally. I did wipe all previous files before the 1.6 installation so it's absolutely clean.

Now I'm thinking that it's something hosting-specific, I use GoDaddy economy plan and before I faced the issue above I had troubleshooted the issue with log4net:

Inheritance security rules violated while overriding member: 'log4net.Util.ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary.GetObjectData(System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext)'. Security accessibility of the overriding method being overridden.

To fix this very first issue I used a solution provided here.

Now I'm rolling back to v.1.5 and will be looking the steps to replicate the issue locally, not on live website.

I'll keep you posted with the progress.

Thanks!

Nov 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Alright, Godaddy don't support .NET 4.5 and MVC 4 yet, this is it...

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Also, you need full trust with 1.6.