Navigation

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules, Writing themes
Nov 14, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I have a site that I need to add side page navigation to.  The issue is, some of the content is dynamic and some is static / already created.

My page side navigation would look like this:

About the Effort (Current Page they are on)

The Problem (seperate page [static])
        Third Level 01 (dynamic Content Type Add)
        Third Level 02 (dynamic Content Type Add)
  The Idea (seperate page [static])
        Third Level 01 (dynamic Content Type Add)
  The Plan (seperate page [static])
        Third Level 01 (dynamic Content Type Add)
        Third Level 02 (dynamic Content Type Add)
        Third Level 03 (dynamic Content Type Add)

Is this possible to achieve.  The way I was thinking was create a list for "The Problem", "The Idea", "The Plan" and "About the Effort" and have a separate content type, call it "Dynamic Nav Page" and have it containable within the list containers ("The Problem", "The Idea", "The Plan", and "About the Effort").

That would work fine; however, THE ISSUE would be that the dynamic content types (Dynamic Nav Page) would not contain that navigation aspect because the widgets for the Lists ("The Problem", "The Idea", "The Plan", and "About the Effort") would not be on page.  

How this might work is to create a shape for all the content type, Dynamic Nav Page and have the widget display to the view.  Where my knowledge ends is being able to display specific lists to a content type view.

Hope that makes sense.  Please post questions if I need to clarify.

I AM IN SERIOUS need of assistance!

Developer
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:16 PM

What do you mean by a Dynamic Content Type? Did you consider using the Query Menu Item and use a Query? Or perhaps even implementing your own menu item type, possibly writing code to generate the child menu items? To be frank I'm not sure I understand your requirements.