Upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 - ContentPicker

Topics: Core, Writing modules
Nov 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM
Edited Nov 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

After upgrading from 1.5 to 1.6; Everything seems to be working properly - I didn't get any UI warnings in the modules; but for some reason - the ContentPicker field doesn't render the control in Admin view.  It works in summary admin view and renders fine on the page(s) when browsing the site; but the picker itself doesn't show up on my modules. in 1.5 - they showed up fine.  Was there a change in 1.6 that would have made this happen?

NOTE: I did the update by starting with a fresh copy; then copied my modules, theme, media and app_data folder over on top; assuming that the migrations of any of the core modules would update the database - I enabled update to 1.6 - I assume it runs once and then I disabled it. - everything else seems to be working. I also do NOT have it listed in any placement.info; since it renders on the actual pages when browsing the site; just not when editing the page; I assume it's not that.?

Breakpoint in driver does call DriverResult Display() - just nothing shows up when editing page (the control or items).  But as noted earlier - it does show all the items in SummaryAdmin.

A breakpoint in the ContentPicker.SummaryAdmin.cshtml does break; but not the ContentPicker.cshtml (which I assume is the version that should run when viewing the page in Admin mode). I don't have an alternate - since I can use ShapeTracer in admin mode; I'm not sure if it found one by accident?

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:53 PM

ahh - figured it out.  Apparently 1.6 fixed a bug that prevented the placement.info from working properly for ContentPicker.  I had put an entry in my placement.info "_Edit" awhile back trying to figure out how to control where it is rendered on the page.  I was using a "-" so that I would know that I got it right because it would disappear.  Since I never was able to get it working - I accidently left it in my placment.info file and when I updated - I just happened to have gotten the name right and it was gone!

lol - I must pay attention. :)

So is my assumption correct about the Update 1.6 module.  Based on how I did the update - is that all I needed to-do?  Do I need to leave that module enabled?

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Once you've done the upgrade, you don't need the module anymore. You could even delete it.