Installing Orchard in Root Folder in IIS

Topics: Installing Orchard
Nov 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Hello!

I am new to Orchard CMS and just installed it on Windows Server 2012. Everything works great, but I have a question.

I created a new web site in the IIS-Manager, copied the "Orchard"-Folder from the Install-ZIP file to the path of the website and converted this folder to an application.

My problem is now: The website is available under www.someurl.com/orchard (it's just an example, no my real website), but I want it to be available under www.someurl.com (without subfolder).

So is it possible to install Orchard CMS on the root folder of the IIS-Website? Because I couldn't find a solution to convert the whole website into an application, just directories and virtual directories.

Thanks for any help!

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM
romblu wrote:

Hello!

I am new to Orchard CMS and just installed it on Windows Server 2012. Everything works great, but I have a question.

I created a new web site in the IIS-Manager, copied the "Orchard"-Folder from the Install-ZIP file to the path of the website and converted this folder to an application.

My problem is now: The website is available under www.someurl.com/orchard (it's just an example, no my real website), but I want it to be available under www.someurl.com (without subfolder).

So is it possible to install Orchard CMS on the root folder of the IIS-Website? Because I couldn't find a solution to convert the whole website into an application, just directories and virtual directories.

Thanks for any help!

Take all the folder outside of the Orchard folder and paste all of them inside the wwwroot folder n delete the Orchard folder...make sure the install.sql script is also there in the root folder. 

Developer
Nov 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Make it a new Site in IIS (with physical path =  C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Orchard and host name = www.someurl.com), and remove the application in the Default Web Site.

Or change the path of the Default Web Site to 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Orchard' (but I think the first solution is more appropriate if you have others websites in the future).

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM
abhishekluv wrote:
romblu wrote:

Hello!

Thanks for any help!

Take all the folder outside of the Orchard folder and paste all of them inside the wwwroot folder n delete the Orchard folder...make sure the install.sql script is also there in the root folder. 

Thank you so much! This really worked.

I just had to copy the whole content from the "Orchard"-folder to the root folder (including install.sql).

Thank you!

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Great!

Your Welcome :)