oForms error

Topics: General
Nov 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Hi everyone, 

I installed oForms module, and when I click on Create a new form or Create a sample "Contact us" form I have this error

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back

Specified cast is not valid.

System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at Orchard.ContentManagement.ContentCreateExtensions.New[T](IContentManager manager, String contentType) in c:\Build\Orchard\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\ContentExtensions.cs:line 18 at oforms.Controllers.AdminController.Create(String template) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)

Does anyone have encounter this error

Thanks in advance for your reply

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Maybe that module is not compatible with the Orchard version you're using?

Did you try using custom forms instead?

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

The module is compatible because I used it for another website. That's why I really really don't understand why is not working

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Same version of Orchard?

In any case, you should either ask the author of the module or switch to custom forms.

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Yes same version...

Thank you though

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

using custom form.

oform link to  outside service which maybe down