Creating Menus

Topics: Administration
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM

OK, I'm just getting started with Orchard. I downloaded and installed it on IIS, everything seems to be working, but when I create new menu items using the admin, they don't show up on the test site. All I see is the default "Home" tab. What am I missing here?

Thanks,

-J

Developer
Nov 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I just setup a new instance of Orchard, adding a Custom Link menu item, it shows up fine.

Can you provide exact repro steps? Which Orchard version are you using, and are you using the Orchard.Web package our Orchard.Source package?

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Sure. I downloaded the binary package (zip). Version 1.6

Unpacked it and pointed a local IIS website at the Orchard directory.

Pointed my browser to it and it worked. I did the initial setup (default recipe)

I added a page on URL /second and it worked fine. 

Added a few different menus (page content, links, etc). They all seem to add fine and show up in the admin, but I still only see the "Home" tab when I view the site.

When I add a menu I:

- Navigation | Add a new menu...

- Set the menu title to "another menu" and save

- Add a "content menu item" set the name to "another menu" and select my "second" page content

- Save all and browse the site, the only tab I see is "Home"?

The error log file is empty? Is there some way to turn on some sort of tracing so I can see what is going on?

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM

OK, I got it. I was adding new "menus" not menu items to the old menu. What a noob....

-J