Adding the BlogML Module to the Orchard Source Code

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Nov 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I've set up the latest Orchard Source code in VS 2010 locally and it builds perfectly.

Now, I'd like to include the NGM.BlogML module source code in the Solution so I can build it, insert it into the runtime and step through BlogML in the debugger.

Could someone point me to where to add the BlogML project within the the Orchard Solution? It looks like it should go under Modules (at the same level as Lucene and Markdown).

Secondly, how do I configure the solution so the BlogML bits (that were just compiled) will be integrated at debug runtime? I assume the binary and other settings need to be copied to a folder to be found on startup.

Sorry if the answer is obvious but I'm just learning Orchard's ways.

Ken

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Okay, I found a way to do this. Go to the command prompt and run orchard.exe, enable code generation, create the module NGM.BlogML and then copy in the real project. Maybe not the right way but it seemed to work for me.

C:\orchardsrc\src\Orchard.Web\bin>orchard.exe
Initializing Orchard session. (This might take a few seconds...)
Type "?" for help, "exit" to exit, "cls" to clear screen

orchard> feature enable Orchard.CodeGeneration
Enabling features Orchard.CodeGeneration
Code Generation was enabled

orchard> codegen module NGM.BlogML
Creating Module NGM.BlogML
Module NGM.BlogML created successfully

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 7:13 AM

You don't need to do that. Just copying the module in /src/Orchard.Web/Modules is enough. You can then add the project to the solution (right-click, add existing project, then navigate your way to the csproj.