Use Spark View Engine with Orchard?

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 1, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I'm currently evaluating CMS's (... again, after falling out with umbraco).

I'm warming up to Orchard. It has the closest match to my preferred stack of .net technologies, i.e. NHibernate, MVC etc.

Although I really don't mind using Razor, I much, much prefer Spark. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how easy/hard it is to swap out Razor for Spark in Orchard?

Have not really taken a closer look at the code base, so appologies if this is an obvious answer. Have only just started viewing the Pluralsight courses.

Thanks

Matt

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hm. If this were StackOverflow I'd down vote this answer. Not very helpful at all I'm afraid.

1. What's WebForms got to do with Spark?

2. Presumably, you mean search the Orchard discussions. Did that. Brought up dozens of threads totally unrelated to Spark.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I have deleted my answer because it was not good enough. Better no answers than not god enough answers.

Developer
Nov 1, 2012 at 7:12 PM

There is currently no Spark view engine available for Orchard. But if you are willing to write some code, I think you should be able to do it by looking at how the WebForms view engine is hooked in.

Developer
Nov 2, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Look at how the PHP view engine was implemented (it's basically three classes). If your compiler has a decent API there should be no problem.