Orchard module is not getting compiled

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Writing modules
Oct 31, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I have an Orchard module that I am trying to install to a default 1.6 Orchard installation.  Orchard is not compiling the module when referenced from a nuget package.

Here are the steps I have taken to debug the issue...

1) Unzipped the nuget package
2) Copied the Module directory from the nuget package to the Orchard.Web/Modules directory (renamed to the name of my module)
3) Refresh Orchard from the browser, the module is found on the Dashboard and I choose to Enable
4) No errors are reported through the web browser and no errors are logged in Orchard.Web/App_Data/Logs.
5) Inspecting the module's bin folder reveals the module has not been compiled (even tho no errors are reported) 

6) I then opened Orchard.sln in Visual Studio and added my module to the Modules project folder
7) I right click and choose to build the module and it builds fine
8) Back to the browser I disable/enable the module.  No errors reported and no errors in log files (once again)
9) However this time the module's assembly has been properly copied to the Orchard.Web/App_Data/Dependencies folder.

What steps can I take to see why Orchard is choosing to not compile this module? 

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Please take a look at this: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/19191 This issue was hot-fixed yesterday. If you re-download 1.6 you should be fine.

Nov 1, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I am actually working with that codebase (commit 7171b10f15b6).  So any tips on what I can use to debug why Orchard is choosing to not compile this module?

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Please file a bug.