I am getting an error when re-building Orchard after installing Vandelay Industries module

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Hi there,

The error I am getting is this:

Assembly 'Orchard.Core, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' s:\2.3 - COMPUTERS - WEB DEVELOPMENT\4-ORCHARD\ORCHARD WEB DEVELOPMENT\EAGLEHAWK\src\Orchard.Web\Core\bin\Orchard.Core.dll Vandelay.Industries

I have no idea what needs to be done to remove this to enable Orchard to be rebuilt.

Incidentally this was the one and only module I installed.  I also added this to the Solution. I then clicked on rebuild.  I then received the "Rebuild Failed" with the above error... is this an easy one to fix?

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Did you get the latest source code for the module or are you going against the version on the gallery?

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Hi Bertrand,

Just cloned the repository for Vanderlay Industries and copied the source for that into the project - so I am using the the latest version.  Same error. Previously all I did was download from the gallery and enable all options.

Kind Regards

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I had the same error when I cloned the latest from that module. You can look at my fork to see the edits I made to get it to build. There were two issues, 1: reference to SharpLibZip or something like that -- remove that -- don't think it's needed, and 2: remove the references to the system.web and .mvc assemblies, replace them with references to the same assemblies in your Orchard clone's lib folder. By default the Vandelay repo references copies in c:\program files\ or in c:\windows\ (can't remember off the top of my head). 

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Can you send me a pull request?

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Sure, here you go: http://vandelay.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/TheMonarch/Vandelay/contribution/3564

(in addition to the two issues mentioned above, this PR also includes adding import/export for two of the parts in the Vandelay module)

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Thanks. Pulled.