How is /sitemap.xml auto-genarated?

Topics: Administration, General
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Hi, I was trying to find out if a sitemap.xml file exists fro Orchard 1.4.0.0 and when I typed that in www.mydomain.com/sitemap.xml I saw the XML generated.

What I would like to know, when /sitemap.xml is generated and how can I choose which pages are added and which are not?

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I don't think sitemap.xml is automatically generated by Orchard, but there are modules that do this, so it sounds like you have one of them installed. I am currently using this module, which is also available on the Orchard gallery: https://github.com/webadvanced/Orchard-SiteMap

You can implement the ISitemapRouteProvider interface in your module to attach additional routes, or to customize how routes are set up. You can go to the "Sitemap" navigation item in the left-side menu of the dashboard to configure which content types are included in both the html sitemap (/sitemap), and the xml one (/sitemap.xml). 

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Yes, u are correct, module <Advanced Sitemap> is installed. Is there a proper documentation how to properly configure this? What I need to do is to exclude certain pages from the sitemap.xml.