Cannot build and run 1.6 source

Topics: General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Oct 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Hi guys - very excited about 1.6 release, I am just starting a new project with it today.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the new source running. I am in VS 2010, using changeset 6677 for the source, open the Orchard.sln file in VS and Ctl-F5 to run. The welcome / cook recipe screen never appears, the Log directory isn't created and no events are written to the event log. I'm on Windows 7.

Am I missing a new dependency (mvc 4 maybe)? Has this happened to anyone else?

I really don't know what to do since this is the straight-up source pulled right from the codeplex today.

Thanks.

Kurt

Developer
Oct 27, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The Dependencies come with the solution, so no special stuff needed.

Does the solution compile? Is there any errors on compilation?

Also, what is changeset 6677? Did you download from http://orchard.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets ? note the changeset numbers don't look anything like the one you have!

Oct 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. In HG Workbench the latest changeset / rev version I see is 6677 for 1.6 release.

I am installing .NET 4.5 and MVC 4 to see if that will get it going. I'll update you on the results!

Kurt

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Orchard doesn't need 4.5, and doesn't need to install ASP.NET MVC as it's shipped with it.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Hi guys - well, I installed the newest .NET framework and MVC 4 (I did this before your reply Sebastien!). restart, open solution, run. My first result was a plain text page with the message "Server is too busy" (!?), then I refreshed and guess what - welcome screen as expected.

Who knows, weird, whatever - I'm up and running now. Love the project, and really appreciate the community & support.

Kurt

Developer
Oct 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I am glad its working for you.