Publish error in web deployment v1.6: bad path on 'media'

Topics: General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Oct 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hello,

Using VS2012, trying to publish, I get the error

Error 1 Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Orchard\Orchard3\src\Orchard.Web\Media\web.config;Media\web.config'.

I was thinking that in some parameter file there was this bad string path, but searching the whole solution for this string 'Media\web.config;Media\web.config' give no result.

The project is the clone of codeplex 1.x (1.6)

Any help welcome.

CS

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I removed the Orchard.Web\Media folder from project and it published ok ??

Nov 1, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Hi...

I am also getting the same error.

Error 1 Could not open Source file: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Orchard\Orchard3\src\Orchard.Web\Media\web.config;Media\web.config'.

I removed the Orchard.Web\Media folder, but got another error..

Error 1 Copying file Media\web.config to obj\Release\CSAutoParameterize\original\Media\web.config failed. Could not find a part of the path 'Media\web.config

Did anyone figure out what is going on here?

I'm using VS2012 and Windows Server 2012 ..

Thanks,

Gentry

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Edited Nov 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM

It's certainly a problem in the temporary obj folder, may be deleting it or doing a full rebuilt ?
It's working on my side, but I see that Sebastien has been changing something on last version of web deploy...to follow up.

CS

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Edited Nov 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

also got this

1.6 ,also newest6692

vs2012

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Yes, I got this one too. Please file a bug. The way I got around this was by building a local package, removing the media folder entirely from that as I don't want to publish that, and then publishing that from WebMatrix. Convoluted and suboptimal, but it got me running.

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

after delete media folder, webdeploy by vs2012, got this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path 'C:\CloudSites\453469\realestateinfoexchange.com\webroot\App_Data\Dependencies' is denied.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception DetailsSystem.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\CloudSites\453469\realestateinfoexchange.com\webroot\App_Data\Dependencies' is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user. 

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\CloudSites\453469\realestateinfoexchange.com\webroot\App_Data\Dependencies' is denied.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +9722910
   System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj) +9427954
   System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +146
   Orchard.FileSystems.AppData.AppDataFolder.CreateDirectory(String path) +53
   Orchard.FileSystems.Dependencies.DefaultDependenciesFolder.<LoadDescriptors>b__3(AcquireContext`1 ctx) +24
   Orchard.Caching.Cache`2.CreateEntry(TKey k, Func`2 acquire) +202
   Orchard.Caching.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Get>b__0(TKey k) +19
   System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.AddOrUpdate(TKey key, Func`2 addValueFactory, Func`3 updateValueFactory) +125
   Orchard.Caching.Cache`2.Get(TKey key, Func`2 acquire) +237
   Orchard.Caching.DefaultCacheManager.Get(TKey key, Func`2 acquire) +93
   Orchard.FileSystems.Dependencies.DefaultDependenciesFolder.LoadDescriptors() +75
   Orchard.Environment.Extensions.ExtensionLoaderCoordinator.CreateLoadingContext() +1259
   Orchard.Environment.Extensions.ExtensionLoaderCoordinator.SetupExtensions() +113
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.BuildCurrent() +87
   Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardHost.Orchard.Environment.IOrchardHost.Initialize() +57
   Orchard.Web.MvcApplication.HostInitialization(HttpApplication application) +75
   Orchard.WarmupStarter.<>c__DisplayClass3.<LaunchStartupThread>b__2(Object state) +52

[ApplicationException: Error during application initialization]
   Orchard.WarmupStarter.Starter`1.OnBeginRequest(HttpApplication application) +281
   Orchard.Web.MvcApplication.Application_BeginRequest() +15

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +72
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +335
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +19
   System.Web.Util.ArglessEventHandlerProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +57
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Delete the Dependencies folder entirely.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM

It is enough to set the "Build Action" of Media\web.config to "None".

It is also possible to disable "Auto Parametrization of Connection Strings" for whole project, but I have no idea whether it is needed for Orchard or not (I didn't try). More on it here How to: Disable Web.config Transformation

I think that error is related to the custom project build task "CustomCollectFiles" (which modifies FilesForPackagingFromProject MS Build variable), but it looks pretty OK to me.

Nov 23, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I didn't read the last post but for me it worked as well with excluding the Media webfolder. I reckon it is better to do the solution of jpawlowski by setting the build action of the web.config file