Publish Error "Server Error in '/' Application."

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
Oct 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I publish a website to "%SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot"

1. Enviroment: win2008, Application pool: f4.0 + integrated mode

2. I have run OK at VS2010 under Win7

But after "publish"(publish Orchard.Web project used the VS2010 inner tool) and copy to win2008, publish false, the Error Detail as follow, anybody meet the same problem and how to solve it? thank you.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed to map the path '/'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +238

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to map the path '/'.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8946484
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Orchard is nowhere in that stack trace. Looks like it's IIS that's misconfigured.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM

OK, you're right. I exe "iisreset" that's OK. Something config be cached. Thank you!