Delete and or update module in Azure

Topics: Writing modules
Oct 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM

1. Is there a way to remove/uninstall a module in Orchard when running in Azure?

2. I'm creating some modules and testrunning them in my Orchard installasjon in Azure. Which means I need to update the modules somehow. I thougt that I in Modules->Features->"Install a module from your computer" could choose the new version to install, and the old one would be uninstalled (indicating a new version by increasing version from 1.1 to 1.2 in the Module.txt file). But that does not seem to work. It seems that all the files that already exists are beeing skipped, and the version number is not increased. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Delete the folder.

Oct 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I'm struggeling with finding out how to access/delete the Orchard files and folders in Azure. Could you please point me in the correct direction for how to do that?

I thoght that they might be stored in under "Storage", and i've downloaded cloudbarry explorer to browse the blobs, but I have not had any luck so fare.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:41 PM

You mean the module folders? If you are on cloud services and not on web sites, you'll have to deploy a new package.

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Yes, i'm on cloud services, so I guess I have to redeploy...