Unable to create a term hierachy for a taxonomy in v 1.51

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Oct 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hello,

When I try to create a sub-term for a taxonomy, I select the parent term but on the end my term is placed under the taxonmy root.
I am unable to reparent (move) it.

Is it a known bug (I'm new to Orchard) or I missed some point ?

Are there several version of this module ?

Thnaks for answer

CS 

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM

It works for me. What version of taxonomies are you using?

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Orchard is 1.51, where could I see the running version of taxonomy (I am the temporary server where we build the design).

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM

It's v1.4 from the installed modules page.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM

That version is from February. Sébastien should probably release to the gallery a new version with the more recent changes: http://orchardtaxonomies.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Thanks, I had already downloaded it from codeplex.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:59 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

@Bertrand This module is very important in Orchard, Taxonomies is something very useful, I have been using it in MS CRM since its begenning (its one of the rare businness app to implement it), I would even say mandatory to Orchard.
Why not including it in the permanent modules of Orchard 1.6 ?
Its something we always have to add: delivering to Azure Paas (and here we need to add it manually to the Orchard project), Azure Web site or in any other installation.

Best regards.

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM

1.6 does not have new features. It's a bug fixing and dependency update release. Furthermore, it's too late for a change of that magnitude. But I've already said in other threads that I wanted taxonomies to make it into core, and it's been discussed at the weekly meeting as well for 1.7.