None of the constructors found with 'Public binding flags' on type 'Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardShell'

Topics: Installing Orchard
Oct 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hi

Can someone explain how to publish Orchard to IIS 7 when they have the source code?

I would have expected to be able to just build a Release Web Deploy package and import it on IIS - I think its a mistake not to have the simple, universal deployment mechanism, not actually work.

I think one should be mindful of eliminating pain points on the critical path to deployment.

When something is completely new, its very easy to pass on to the next thing. I sit here and my first steps with this project have resulted in failure and jargonistic/insider exceptions which say "You're going to need to invest a lot more time than that to get me running." -- time we don't have.

I need to crack on here so I'm going to try and use the pre-compiled .zip method anyway, but I'd appreciate some direction on publishing from source for the future, and for other people.

As a note, because the people on the WebPI team have still not added a username and password box for Proxy credentials, I can't use that method.

Thank you,

Luke

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM

mmh, http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Building-and-deploying-Orchard-from-a-source-code-drop

I deploy with WebDeploy all the time, using those steps.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Edited Oct 21, 2012 at 3:06 PM

mmh indeed, because it didn't work. I can't check it since I've now left that client but I'm interested in Orchard for other projects. Thanks for the link, Bertrand. I got it working via the .zip extract - I was creating a team blog and docs for a project I just finished which is why I was in a rush.